We at The Essential Baker are committed to protecting your privacy at all times upon your visit to our website.
The Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
When you enter our website, we automatically collect, process and store certain information (which may include Personal Data) such as:
- Your IP address and domain name.
- The type of browser and operating system you use.
- The time and length of your visit.
- The pages of our site you visit.
This information is used for administrative and technical purposes. Such purposes could include counting the number of visitors to our site and individual pages within the site, determining referral sources to our website, assessing the technology used to access our site, and assisting with site maintenance. We protect and secure your Personal Data and take reasonable steps:
- to protect data against accidental loss
- to prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
- to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- to restrict access to personal information
- to conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and your business policies
- to train staff and contractors on data security
- to manage third party risks, through use of contracts and security reviews
The Essential Baker uses Skimlinks, Viglink, Shareasale, and several other affiliate partners. When you click on a link on our site, please be aware that you could be making a purchase in which a certain commission is paid to The Essential Baker. We also serve ads on The Essential Baker in partnership with Google Adsense. This is to help to keep this website running.
When you send us an email, subscribe to email updates for The Essential Baker, or register on The Essential Baker, you will provide us with certain personally identifiable information and Personal Data including your email address. When you register, we request username, email and password. To make comments, you will be asked to supply name or nickname, email address, and website (not required). It is your right to decline to provide us with Personal Data attendant to using any of our services, but if you do some, certain site features and functionality may not be available to you.
We will retain your Personal Data for only as long as your account is open or for only as long as needed for our purposes, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows:
- the contents of closed accounts are deleted within 3 months of the date of closure;
- backups are kept for 3 months;
- billing information is retained for a period of 7 years as of their provision to The Essential Baker in accordance with United States accounting and taxation laws; and
- information on legal transactions between you and The Essential Baker is retained for a period of 10 years as of their provision toThe Essential Baker.
Third-Party Links and Advertising
Third-party advertisers may place cookies on your browser to collect data (not your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see here.
From time to time, we may engage third-parties to assist in providing marketing, back-end, programming and support services. These third-parties will only have access to information to the extent necessary to provide such services.
No Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as specified above, we do not intend to disclose any personal information about you to any third-party without prior consent unless we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) complete your transaction; (ii) comply with legal process or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (iii) protect and defend our rights or property; and (iv) enforce the terms and conditions on The Essential Baker. We may provide certain information in aggregate form collected from you, and relating to you, to third-parties. However, we will not provide any personally identifying information.
We have no control over who reads your postings, or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information or comments.
We intend to keep doing what we do for you. Although we have no plans to transferThe Essential Baker, if that were to happen, we may share your information in a business transfer. As with any other business, we could merge with, or be acquired by another company. If this occurs, the successor company would perhaps acquire the information we maintain, including personally identifiable information and Personal Data.
The Essential Baker
c/o Michelle D.
PO BOX 1242
Alexandria, MN 56308